figured i wont do a Tempting Thursday today cause all i want today is food, food, food & more food so here’s a recipe or two worth sharing…
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves,crushed
- uncooked medium shell pasta (enough for 6 people)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until broccoli and carrots are tender.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic until tender; add to tomato mixture and heat through. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a serving bowl; top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick. Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the wine and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm.
- 500 g white sugar
- 1420 ml water
- 2 packages strawberry flavored Jelly
- 1 l pineapple juice
- 160 ml lemon juice
- 945 ml orange juice
- 2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and strawberry flavored jelly. Boil for 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture in half, and freeze in 2 separate containers.
- When ready to serve, place the frozen contents of one container in a punch bowl, and stir in 1 bottle of lemon-lime soda until slushy.
hope you guys enjoy these
till next time